Maryland Cleaning Services
Vinyl Floor Care Tips
Apr 24, 2014
Vinyl floors are popular for their remarkable variability in pattern, their relative low prices, and the limited maintenance it takes to clean them. Vinyl is able to give the look of a wood floor for a much lower price, or the look of tile without the long hours of labor. As it is a smooth surface, vinyl is easy to clean.
However, like all floors and materials, you must remember to clean vinyl floors with some regularity to keep them in the same shape they were in when they were first installed. Below, we’ve included some tips to help keep your floor looking the way it should.
1. Use a floor mat! Lay down a floor mat in places most likely to receive abuse, namely in front of the doors leading outside and in front of your sink. This will make clean up easier, as well as protecting those areas from dirt, chemicals, or water damage. When it’s time to clean the mat, simply take it outside and beat it with a broom. This is perhaps best done at a time when you are feeling stressed or frustrated and wish to let off some steam. What a release!
2. Sweep regularly. Keep dirt off of floors so that it doesn’t become ground in over time. Often, the best protection is prevention.
3. Don’t use too much water. When mopping floors, remember that you don’t need to pour water liberally throughout the kitchen. Use too much water and it could sink into cracks or seams in the vinyl, damaging the glue or even the wooden foundation underneath.
4. Protect the underside of your furniture. Vinyl can scratch and tear, so attach small felt pieces to the feet of kitchen chairs and table to protect the floor when furniture is moved. This is also a good idea for wooden floors to prevent scratches.
5. Clean properly. When cleaning the floor thoroughly, make sure that all soap residue is removed so there is no film left that might trap dirt. One option when cleaning the floor is to get your kids to help. Attach soapy washcloths to their feet and have them “skate” around the kitchen, then replace the soapy washcloths with soap free ones and send them back over the floor. You may have to spot clean to ensure proper coverage, but it gets the job done faster and with less work for you.
Read More Testimonials->
REQUEST A FREE ESTIMATE
Maryland Floor Cleaning Services
Anne Arundel County Floor Cleaning Services: Annapolis (21401, 21403, 21409), Arnold (21012), Crofton (21114), Crownsville (21032), Gambrills (21054), Glen Burnie (21060, 21061), Hanover (21076), Jessup (20794), Pasadena (21122), Severn (21144), Severna Park (21146).
Baltimore County Floor Cleaning Services: Arbutus (21227), Catonsville (21228, 21250), Cockeysville (21030, 21031, 21065), Dundalk (21222), Edgemere (21219), Essex (21221), Garrison (21055), Lansdowne (21227), Lochearn (21207), Lutherville (21093), Middle River (21220), Milford Mill (21244), Overlea (21236), Owings Mills (21117), Parkville (21234), Park Heights (21215), Pikesville (21208), Randallstown (21133), Reisterstown (21136), Rosedale (21237), Timonium (21093), Towson (21204), White Marsh (21162), Woodlawn (21207), Baltimore City and more.
Carroll County Floor Cleaning Services: Eldersburg (21784), Finksburg (21048), Hampstead (21074), Manchester (21102), Marriottsville (21104), Taneytown (21787), Union Bridge (21791), Westminster (21157, 21158), Mount Airy (21771), New Windsor (21776), Sykesville (21784), Woodbine (21797), Taneytown (21787), and more.
Frederick County Floor Cleaning Services: Frederick (21701, 20702, 21703, 21709), New Market (21774) , Mount Airy (21771), Urbana (21704), Ijamsville (21754), Walkersville (21793), Libertytown (21762), and more.
Howard County Floor Cleaning Services: Clarksville (21029), Columbia (21044), Cooksville (21723), Dorsey (21075), Elkridge (21075), Ellicott City (21043), Fulton (20759), Glenelg (21737), Glenwood (21738), Granite (21163), Hanover (21076), Highland (20777), Jessup (20794), Lisbon (21765), Marriottsville (21104), North Laurel (20723), West Friendship (21794), Woodbine (21797), Woodstock (21163), and more.
Montgomery County Floor Cleaning Services: Olney (20832), Damascus (20872), Laytonsville (20882), Silver Spring (20910), Clarksburg (20871), Gaithersburg (20878), Germantown (20876), Bethesda (20816), Chevy Chase (20815), and more.
Prince George's County Floor Cleaning Services: Bowie (20715, 20716, 20720, 20721), Beltsville (20705), Adelphi (20783), College Park (20740,20742), Greenbelt (25689), Hyattsville (20781, 20782, 20783, 20784), Landover (20785), Laurel (20707, 20723), Springdale (20774), Upper Marlboro (20772, 20774), Woodlawn (21207).
Washington, D.C., Virginia, Northern Virginia