Maryland Cleaning Services
Upholstery Cleaning for a Cleaner, Fresher Home
Aug 1, 2018
Cleaning your home means more than just wiping down counters and sweeping the floors. Your furniture collects dust and dirt just as easily as your floors do, which is why it’s important to not forget about upholstery when performing regular cleanings in your home.
Why Clean My Upholstery?
ADDS LONGEVITY – Keeping dirt and grime from building up on your upholstery not only prevents stains and discoloration but also extends the furniture’s life.
REDUCES BAD ODORS – Mold and bacteria are known to grow inside your home when cleaning isn’t performed regularly. The deeper the bacteria gets into your furniture, the harder it will be to remove it, along with the unpleasant odors it causes.
MAINTAINS AIR QUALITY – Cleaning upholstery can get rid of dust, mold, and mildew. If these and other allergens build up on your furniture, the air quality in your home can suffer. Bad air quality in the home is a common cause of breathing problems.
Tips for Cleaning Upholstery
– Vacuuming should be done regularly and can help fade stains in addition to removing crumbs, dust, and dirt.
– Check upholstery tags for specific cleaning instructions. Some tags have codes that tell you how they should be cleaned: W or WS means it can be cleaned with water (or sudsy water), S means it can be vacuumed and spot-cleaned, and X means vacuum-only.
– If your furniture can be cleaned with water, try steam first – this can loosen the dirt/grime and make it more responsive to stain removal attempts.
– Blot fresh stains rather than rubbing them, as the latter can cause them to spread and worsen.
– For grease stains, sprinkle a bit of corn starch on the stain and let it sit for up to 30 minutes. The cornstarch should absorb the oil which can then be vacuumed up.
Why Choose Kent Clean
Here at Kent Cleaning Systems, we are dedicated to providing the best cleaning services at affordable prices. We are available for both residential and commercial cleaning and pride ourselves on:
- Taking charge of scheduling regular cleanings with all of our customers and reaching out when the next appointed service interval approaches
- Arriving on time within a 30-minute arrival window – we won’t leave you waiting around the house for us for hours!
- Using state-of-the-art, truck-mounted equipment with 240 degree heat and powerful suction, which creates a quick production rate.
- Ensuring all of our cleaning technicians are certified through the Institute for Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration
If you’re looking for a Carroll County upholstery cleaning company you can really trust, contact the professionals at Kent Clean today!
Read More Testimonials->
REQUEST A FREE ESTIMATE
Maryland Floor Cleaning Services
Anne Arundel County Floor Cleaning Services: Annapolis (21401, 21403, 21409), Arnold (21012), Crofton (21114), Crownsville (21032), Gambrills (21054), Glen Burnie (21060, 21061), Hanover (21076), Jessup (20794), Pasadena (21122), Severn (21144), Severna Park (21146).
Baltimore County Floor Cleaning Services: Arbutus (21227), Catonsville (21228, 21250), Cockeysville (21030, 21031, 21065), Dundalk (21222), Edgemere (21219), Essex (21221), Garrison (21055), Lansdowne (21227), Lochearn (21207), Lutherville (21093), Middle River (21220), Milford Mill (21244), Overlea (21236), Owings Mills (21117), Parkville (21234), Park Heights (21215), Pikesville (21208), Randallstown (21133), Reisterstown (21136), Rosedale (21237), Timonium (21093), Towson (21204), White Marsh (21162), Woodlawn (21207), Baltimore City and more.
Carroll County Floor Cleaning Services: Eldersburg (21784), Finksburg (21048), Hampstead (21074), Manchester (21102), Marriottsville (21104), Taneytown (21787), Union Bridge (21791), Westminster (21157, 21158), Mount Airy (21771), New Windsor (21776), Sykesville (21784), Woodbine (21797), Taneytown (21787), and more.
Frederick County Floor Cleaning Services: Frederick (21701, 20702, 21703, 21709), New Market (21774) , Mount Airy (21771), Urbana (21704), Ijamsville (21754), Walkersville (21793), Libertytown (21762), and more.
Howard County Floor Cleaning Services: Clarksville (21029), Columbia (21044), Cooksville (21723), Dorsey (21075), Elkridge (21075), Ellicott City (21043), Fulton (20759), Glenelg (21737), Glenwood (21738), Granite (21163), Hanover (21076), Highland (20777), Jessup (20794), Lisbon (21765), Marriottsville (21104), North Laurel (20723), West Friendship (21794), Woodbine (21797), Woodstock (21163), and more.
Montgomery County Floor Cleaning Services: Olney (20832), Damascus (20872), Laytonsville (20882), Silver Spring (20910), Clarksburg (20871), Gaithersburg (20878), Germantown (20876), Bethesda (20816), Chevy Chase (20815), and more.
Prince George's County Floor Cleaning Services: Bowie (20715, 20716, 20720, 20721), Beltsville (20705), Adelphi (20783), College Park (20740,20742), Greenbelt (25689), Hyattsville (20781, 20782, 20783, 20784), Landover (20785), Laurel (20707, 20723), Springdale (20774), Upper Marlboro (20772, 20774), Woodlawn (21207).
Washington, D.C., Virginia, Northern Virginia