Maryland Cleaning Services
How to Improve Office Air Quality
Oct 10, 2017
If you work in an office, chances are you spend a great deal of your waking hours there. Indoor air quality is important in the home, but it’s just as significant in the workplace. Check out these tips for improving the quality of indoor air in your office and promote a healthier and safer workplace.
- PLANTS – They are a great addition to the workplace because they absorb toxins from the air and are known to be natural air purifiers. Additionally, they can help create a more pleasing and relaxing environment.
- HUMIDITY – If you have a humidifier, make sure you know how it works, and adjust the humidity levels when the indoor air feels either too dry or too damp.
- AIR VENTS – Don’t block indoor air vents with furniture or other items that can restrict airflow. Computers and other heat-generating machines should be set up away from HVAC sensors to avoid unnecessary cooling system triggers.
- SMOKING – Do not allow smoking of any kind indoors, as this is a very easy way to contaminate the air throughout your office and is a danger to the health of non-smokers as well.
- EMISSIONS – Machines that produce emissions should be located as far away as possible from occupied spaces and air vents. Loading docks and other areas where vehicle emissions and exhaust can be present should have their own separate section of the building and should not be located near employees and visitors.
- AIR FILTERS – Regularly change the air filters in your HVAC unit. Heating and cooling professionals recommend changing them at least 3-4x a year.
- ALLERGENS – Be aware of allergens or air pollutants that are present in your office. Whether your employees like to burn candles, or you have an office pet who sheds fur and dander into the office, you may want to consider more thorough cleaning regimens or changing your air filter once a month.
- REGULAR CLEANING – Schedule a regular cleaning service with a local professional cleaning company in order to keep dirt and dust at bay.
Looking to improve the air quality in your office, but don’t want to be bothered with the frequent cleaning that entails? Kent Clean is here for you! We are dedicated to providing the very best in both residential and commercial cleaning services and only use the most state-of-the-art equipment and products. To find out more about the services we offer, or to set up routine maintenance for your office, contact us today!
Read More Testimonials->
REQUEST A FREE ESTIMATE
Maryland Floor Cleaning Services
Anne Arundel County Floor Cleaning Services: Annapolis (21401, 21403, 21409), Arnold (21012), Crofton (21114), Crownsville (21032), Gambrills (21054), Glen Burnie (21060, 21061), Hanover (21076), Jessup (20794), Pasadena (21122), Severn (21144), Severna Park (21146).
Baltimore County Floor Cleaning Services: Arbutus (21227), Catonsville (21228, 21250), Cockeysville (21030, 21031, 21065), Dundalk (21222), Edgemere (21219), Essex (21221), Garrison (21055), Lansdowne (21227), Lochearn (21207), Lutherville (21093), Middle River (21220), Milford Mill (21244), Overlea (21236), Owings Mills (21117), Parkville (21234), Park Heights (21215), Pikesville (21208), Randallstown (21133), Reisterstown (21136), Rosedale (21237), Timonium (21093), Towson (21204), White Marsh (21162), Woodlawn (21207), Baltimore City and more.
Carroll County Floor Cleaning Services: Eldersburg (21784), Finksburg (21048), Hampstead (21074), Manchester (21102), Marriottsville (21104), Taneytown (21787), Union Bridge (21791), Westminster (21157, 21158), Mount Airy (21771), New Windsor (21776), Sykesville (21784), Woodbine (21797), Taneytown (21787), and more.
Frederick County Floor Cleaning Services: Frederick (21701, 20702, 21703, 21709), New Market (21774) , Mount Airy (21771), Urbana (21704), Ijamsville (21754), Walkersville (21793), Libertytown (21762), and more.
Howard County Floor Cleaning Services: Clarksville (21029), Columbia (21044), Cooksville (21723), Dorsey (21075), Elkridge (21075), Ellicott City (21043), Fulton (20759), Glenelg (21737), Glenwood (21738), Granite (21163), Hanover (21076), Highland (20777), Jessup (20794), Lisbon (21765), Marriottsville (21104), North Laurel (20723), West Friendship (21794), Woodbine (21797), Woodstock (21163), and more.
Montgomery County Floor Cleaning Services: Olney (20832), Damascus (20872), Laytonsville (20882), Silver Spring (20910), Clarksburg (20871), Gaithersburg (20878), Germantown (20876), Bethesda (20816), Chevy Chase (20815), and more.
Prince George's County Floor Cleaning Services: Bowie (20715, 20716, 20720, 20721), Beltsville (20705), Adelphi (20783), College Park (20740,20742), Greenbelt (25689), Hyattsville (20781, 20782, 20783, 20784), Landover (20785), Laurel (20707, 20723), Springdale (20774), Upper Marlboro (20772, 20774), Woodlawn (21207).
Washington, D.C., Virginia, Northern Virginia